Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Change...Life....the Universe and work!

Well I have become transfixed by Modern Flamenco music and it's all Querida's fault and she has no idea! I watched a YOU TUBE video posted by one of my friends and the music that accompanied the video was by an artist called David Pena Dorantes. My first issue is I love it....the second more important one is that in Adelaide I cannot get a CD! iTunes don't have it either and so I have resorted to buying a Flamenco CD...well 2 actually this afternoon and neither of them have his music on them! Why I hear you ask...well because I am in love with the vivacity, life and enthusiasm this music has. I am very affected by music and can be brought to tears by good soulfull music! Some of you may relate to this. Anyway Flamenco music is so apt as I watch Querida move, cavort and generally have her 4pm funnies. I have decided that for my auditions for my Levels I will be using this type of music. If you get a chance look up Orobroy and tell me you don't like it! I bet you will. Oh yeah and I don't bet!
Well Star has changed, as I keep mentioning he is beginning to see that I am ok. He trusts me, wants to show off to me and will follow my ideas when his run out. For a LBE I am so flattered when he says, "Well I am out of cool ideas what have you got to show me?" This is happening more and more but only because I have taken the time to look at his ideas first. Now I have to tell you some of them are spectacular..it's like trying to work out how to harness the energy of the sun! When he is in full LOOK AT ME mode he is an awesome sight. All nearly 16HH of him, tail up, poised, athletic, proud and IN THE MOMENT! Can you imagine working with a horse, tail up, floating and I mean floating...the other night I saw passage and piaffe and these were his ideas....I was speachless....he was offering some of the most difficult dressage movements and executing them with ease....then had a 100 mile an hour bucking fit...asked me questions and then offered a 20 meter circle of lovely cadenced trot! All the while he was looking, asking...checking in. I was and still am drawn to this horse stronger than any magnet is drawn to metal. I know he is feeling the same way about me now.
Querida is learning about food...and at dinner time there is such a thing as respect and she has now to offer it to me. I have had to be very firm with her, I remember watching my lovely Jazz mare working out with Querida how close was close enough to her food thank you. So the other night we had the same discussion...interestingly Querida's first solution to my suggestion she back off was to show me her big butt! Which got tagged. After that it only happened once more and she had it. Then she had more of an attitude of are there any crumbs...so I walked away feiging disinterest in her food. I know I can teach this as Star and Scout now respect me and Bruce at dinner time. Star circles at a distance singing and calling for his dinner and Scout waits! OMG he actually waits! It bothered me the other night as Bruce had to feed them all and he said when he went in with Querida the first thing she did was show her butt. And feign a kick. I was mortified, 1 that Bruce would go in and 2 that she would do this. I am so worried about his safety when I am not there...he doesn't know what to look for, the nuances and veiled threats that horses show especially around food. So while I am away now there are strict guidelines for feeding now in place to keep my darling Bruce safe! How bad would it be if something happened to him while I was away!!! It doesn't bear thinking about!
Well that's it for me. I am away for work thousands of kilometres from home...and off to get some dinner...alone with a book for company.
Savvy on!

No comments: