Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So hot...45 degrees in the shade!



Well if little Pokey here had been outside today he would have been a melted mess! It got to 45 degrees at home in the shade!! I have written to a friend of mine in Canada and asked for him to send some snow!

I spent time with the horses this evening..it was still over 35 degrees at 2030. The only thing to do was congregate at the water trough...play friendly game with water. Scout wasn't interested but Star let me saturate him with water, he then walked off to his rolling hole and covered himself in dirt. A grey turned brown in front of me. Perfect sunscreen. Querida seeing Star rolling decided she would go for the environmental dry grass roll and ended up looking much like Worzel Gummage! Covered in straw she still looks resplendant!

The garden has somewhat survived..some plants are looking sad but they will get a reprieve overnight and a drink in the morning. I have had to order some more water so we don't run out over the next couple of months. We will be set next summer when our big 20,000 gallon tank is full. For now we have to be careful. I wonder how hard it will be to plumb the toilets into bore water? We shall see.

While the weather is hot it's the perfect time to get all our accounts done and the paperwork for the business..not that I like doing it but at least I am not feeling like I am doing nothing!

No comments: