Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Water trough or paddling pool?


Tonight on my regular check of the horses I caught sight of something amusing. Two geldings playing splashing games in a 200 litre water trough. They were both soaked from head to chest! When they saw me they stopped playing and came over, the aroma of wet horse was very pungent! Tonight I gave out scratches and managed to find an itchy spot on Scout at the base of his withers. He rarely lets me scratch him but tonight he obviously felt he had to let me get this spot. Star as usual allowed me to move my hands over him and guided me to his spots, as usual head, withers and rump. Querida just had an itchy head, but playfully asked me if I had any itchy spots I needed itching. We played porcupine game...she leans into pressure..funny girl. Looking out into the distance this evening she easily measures over 15hh so she is going to be big! A wonderful evening, no glaring sun, plenty of appreciative horses and not a care in the world. If only I didn't have to go to work tomorrow life would be almost perfect!

No comments: