Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Year

Well we survived Xmas, hope you all did too. Progress has been great. Star yo yo'ed through his night yard gate on Xmas eve. Made me smile a mile! He's now asking me if I want him to go through the gate which is great as this was an area that was awful before. We had a terrible incident where he just barged over me, pinned me to the fence and then took offence to the fact I was there and tried to strike! I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and will never put myself in that position again. So since then we are still working on the friendly game, trying all sorts of options with it to ease him into the idea that the string and carrot stick will not hurt him. You know what, they do remember bad things much easier and longer than good. He's really quite anxious around it, to the point of showing the whites of his eyes. So we do a lot of walking with the string and stick moving in front of me and not near him. I carry it all the time with me and introduce it to him every morning. Seems to be working but I know it will be very slow. Jazz on the other hand is not fussed at all by the carrot stick, she's light with the porcupine game but her bubble is huge at times. She's really getting quite amused with me I think. When she tells me I am in her bubble I step back and look away, she then looks at me in a way I could swear she is saying OMG that's so interesting. Then she approaches me to make sure I am not an alien and then steps back. She is so calm and quiet but she's right brain when pushed. Most of the time I think she is a right brain sleeper.....she keeps it well hidden!! I am amazed at how much I am learning just watching them! Have re-watched some of my DVD's a number of times now to make sure I am getting it! I'm waiting for the sun to go down a bit here to go out and play...the weather is heating up and it's not much fun playing in the hot sun!

No comments: