Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Don't be direct line....it hurts

Well. Things can change in a week hey! Scout is now having more issues with my leadership, it's a good thing that Chris Corbidge is here as we are having some interesting times! Had some issues over the weekend...me getting to direct line...him getting out and squeezing into my feed shed and then down the side of the stables and the float I rushed over to get him out and whacked my leg badly on the float. A good reminder not to be so human!! I now have a wonderful big black haematoma on my right let that hurts when I touch it or forget and cross my legs!!! LOL Anyway after the leg incident I managed to get caught, then we headed to the arena where i was told that I sucked basically! As a leader I don't stack up in his eyes. He wouldn't even turn face and wait for squeeze game. So we went back to very basic. We fixed all the broken things, circling game, yo-yo, change of direction, squeeze over a jump.....but porcupine was still broken! How interesting! Still is unless I do driving game first and then the porcupine game gets slightly better. After 2 hours in the rain, we were both sopping, I could no longer feel my bruised leg and he was asking questions and being a more amenable partner! Star on the other hand was amazing and a complete contrast to Scout! He nearly did a pirouette he was so eager to please. Maybe he picked up on my no nonsense vibe!! Christine is here for a clinic at the moment and we are going to the L2 sessions and I can tell you I need to have some injection of savvy eyes!!! I am going to take my saddle and see how we go....the one I have on trial looks good but as yet I haven't had a chance to ride in it! Better check my girth fits them both hey! Scout is such a barrel still that I might have to get a longer one! Rain is here, horses are toey but hey it's all good really.

No comments: