Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Level 1 Pass - May 08

Ok so did the Clinic with Chris...I passed Level 1 woo hoo! Rode in the English Fluidity as I mentioned and loved it. Scout was great, well behaved, very left brain and very competant. He was mischevious and quirky as usual. Since the clinic Scout has had a break, only played one night during the week, the other times he has watched as Star and I play. Well Star is very playful at the moment. Lots of rearing. Not savvy enough to know what that's all about! This afternoon we played, sun was setting and although he started out LB Star quickly went RB! We had the tail up, huge snort...arcing back to his Arabian ancestors. Truly spectacular but not very in control! At one point he took off, I tried to wrap the rope round a tree to stop him, I managed to but in the commotion I dropped my carrot stick! Then we spent 40 minutes looking for it in the grass. Who could have thought that something bright orange could be so well camoflaged in the grass! Tee hee! Anyway after that we went down to the tree and played squeezing over a jump. All went well but interestingly he went RBI for a while. Not used to seeing that. He really did astral travel somewhere. Bruce was with me and asked what was going on. It was sad to see him do this after being so flamboyant only minutes before. He's got a lot to work out in that beautiful head! So we did something else, something he likes. we played change of direction, sqeezed over the jump one more time and then called it a day. It was wonderful to see Star so energetic but the RBI side of him is new. Do I have to read/learn more or what! Have booked in for the camp in December at Wongaburra, so have to be cool as a cucumber to float all that way!

No comments: