Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The goat

Wow what week and seems to me like Murphy is on my tail! Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong today...aarrgghhh The equine family on the other hand are all well. I took Jazz for a saunter last night. The boys went mad.....but they settled after some hot laps around the paddock!!! Whoa are they fast or what.....LOL Anyway we wandered down the road, we met a goat!! The goat was pretty chilled out about meeting us as we were accross the other side of the road. But Jazz well she relaxed as soon as I stood between her and the goat and got alarmed when I moved...little experiment....anyway she didn't go very RB at all she just got BIG!! From daudling along with her head low she got on adrenaline and wow she looked magnificent! Needless to say she came off adrenaline as soon as I protected my herd, not once did she even look like she was going to leave the scene which was heartening! When we sauntered back she actaully nickered to the goat and then wanted to go meet it! I was mindful of keeping her safe as Mrs Goat was showing all the signs of wanting to bunt her! Not meet her at all!!! I then realised that if Mrs Goat did go the bunt she would quickly reach the end of her chain and not be able to make contact! Phew! An eventful saunter of 20 minutes but it was lovely.

No comments: