Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's all about food

However during the week we had food issues!! The boys have decided to get all dominant at tea time! Scout did a massive rear and clapped his front feet together, very exciting, when he wasn't allowed to barge me over. Star interestingly has started challenging and barging me again! Last night Bruce fed the boys as I had to work late and he told me how he had to do savvy helicopters and how Star challenged him and reared. Not being there made it hard but I reckon they see Bruce way down the pecking order and when he stood his ground the result was interesting. We have talked about what he needs to do to stay safe when the boys are a little too bombastic! He's so wonderful and happy to follow along and learn Parelli, I am so glad in instances like this he is! Kept him safe!!! The boys aren't naughty they are just dominant and sometimes they push the envelope to see what the result is. If you give an inch to them they take a mile the next time. So with me they are more respectful and know that I am more of a leader. But with Bruce they still test him. He's getting more and more savvy....and I tell him SAVVY = SAFE!! SO there you go. We are making lots of progress but we are changing dramatically in the process and sometimes we have growing pains!

No comments: