Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Easter arrives

Oh the lovely Easter break! Hope the Easter bunny was generous to you! I had a wonderful time. Friday was indeed good. Played with Scout, we got some lovely work done. He seemed happy and calm. We played all the games with twists and then we played with the float. What a confident boy going on....what an unconfident boy when I started after some time working with the breaching doors! Oh yes and from experience please don't stand too close to the breaching doors when horse is exiting the float! I did and got clocked in the side of the head thinking that I was out of harms way as he backed out. The door swung wider than I thought, clocked me and nearly knocked me into next week! While I was seeing stars literally Scout backed off the float and came over to me with the look "oh dear that looks bad mummy". All I could do was hug him and then wait till my head hurt less. We then loaded again and calmly waited till he was ok with the doors being closed over. The fact that I couldn't actually open my mouth was a bit disconcerting but it's getting better. Least I couldn't eat too much chocolate!! Went to a Parelli Play day with a local group on Saturday, took Scout. He was great, very calm and it was great to meet others and have a nice time. It was so lush and green, the venue was the local polo grounds and boy did Scout do a lot of mowing! On the way I colleced over 30 cars at one point I am a slow and steady floater and I think he liked that. He was so calm there I even got on and practiced my one rein stops, trotting and back ups. I am really enjoying riding bareback, he's like an easy chair to ride so it' nice GOing home was different, another horse turned up who was not at all happy about travelling home. Like an angry toddler he had a tantrum, we had a chat about it, he went on, he then came off, he went back on...then Bruce said, "when he goes on please don't LET him come off again I want to go" Oh I was furious at this as I was trying to do that with love language and leadership......oh did I have to give myself time out or what!!! LOL. In the end I decided to see if someone might help me who had more experience as my quiver was empty and I was Literally quivering....I did get help and some wonderful advice and we got home. We have homework to do though, we need to work on confidence with the breaching doors and back door. Can't help thinking though that this might be a pattern behaviour rather than a confidence issue...am I over analysing???? Ok Sunday played with Star, gave Scout a break. Star was wonderful, very playful, very exuberant and very spectacular to watch. With the hint of rain in the air he was enjoying being a horse I think! Scout and Jazz watched with interest as we did all the games, we did sideways long range and then we started playing with the ball.....interesting....we are playing friendly game with it! Bruce was busily making me a pedestal after seeing the new Savvy club DVD with Zuess playing with one. Ours is fire engine red and after some poor measurements from me a bit too high Bruce was unfazed, I was sorry.....it's a great mounting block though! Monday was Scouts turn again...shocking day. Windy and everything was flapping and blowing....he had a few moments of OMG as even the Andalusian girls were getting flustered by the wind which is most unusual! So we had a few interesting times but by the end of all of them we were squeezing over barrels and long range sideways, ripping the second tarp and being really cool. Needless to say I had chosen MOnday to tape my Level 1 tasks and so I abandoned it for another day....stage fright as well?? Weather has changed, we have had 10mm of rain. All of them are standing bums to the wind and the paddocks are now not dusty. Yay!! Going to play tonight with Scout and Star and see what's what

No comments: